World Info (also known as Lorebooks or Memory Books) enhances AI's understanding of the details in your world.
It functions like a dynamic dictionary that only inserts relevant information from World Info entries when keywords associated with the entries are present in the message text.
The SillyTavern engine activates and seamlessly integrates the appropriate lore into the prompt, providing background information to the AI.
It is important to note that while World Info helps guide the AI toward your desired lore, it does not guarantee its appearance in the generated output messages.
- The AI does not insert keywords into context, so each World Info entry should be a comprehensive, standalone description.
- To create rich and detailed world lore, entries can be interlinked and reference one another.
- To conserve tokens, it is advisable to keep entry contents concise, with a generally recommended limit of 50 tokens per entry.
- World Info Encyclopedia: Exhaustive in-depth guide to World Info and Lorebooks. By kingbri, Alicat, Trappu.
Optionally, one World Info file could be assigned to a character to serve as a dedicated lore source across all chats with that character (including groups).
To do that, navigate to a Character Management panel and click a globe button, then pick World Info from a dropdown list and click "Ok".
Character Lore Insertion Strategy
When generating an AI reply, entries from the character World Info will be combined with the entries from a global World Info selector using one of the following strategies:
Sorted Evenly (default)
All entries will be sorted according to their Insertion Order as if they a part of one big file, ignoring the source.
Character Lore First
Entries from the Character World Info would be included first by their Insertion Order, then entries from the Global World Info.
Global Lore First
Entries from the Global World Info Info would be included first by their Insertion Order, then entries from the Character World Info.
World Info Entry
A list of keywords that trigger the activation of a World Info entry. Keys are not case-sensitive by default (this is
A list of supplementary keywords that are used in conjunction with the main keywords. See
The text that is inserted into the prompt upon entry activation.
Numeric value. Defines a priority of the entry if multiple were activated at once. Entries with higher order numbers will be inserted closer to the end of the context as they will have more impact on the output.
- Before Char Defs: World Info entry is inserted before the character's description and scenario. Has a moderate impact on the conversation.
- After Char Defs: World Info entry is inserted after the character's description and scenario. Has a greater impact on the conversation.
- Top of AN: World Info entry is inserted at the top of Author's Note content. Has a variable impact depending on the Author's Note position.
- Bottom of AN: World Info entry is inserted at the bottom of Author's Note content. Has a variable impact depending on the Author's Note position.
If your Author's Note is disabled (Insertion Frequency = 0), World Info entries in A/N positions will be ignored!
A supplemental text comment for your convenience, which is not utilized by the AI.
If enabled, the entry would always be present in the prompt.
If enabled, the entry would only be inserted when both a Key AND a Secondary Key have been activated.
If no secondary keys are provided, this flag is ignored.
This value acts like an additional filter that adds a chance for the entry NOT to be inserted when it is activated by any means (constant, primary key, recursion).
- Probability = 100 means that the entry will be inserted on every activation.
- Probability = 50 means that the entry will be inserted with a 1:1 chance.
- Probability = 0 means that the entry will NOT be inserted (essentially disabling it).
Use this to create random events in your chats. For example, every message could have a 1% chance of waking up an Elder God if its name is mentioned in the message.
Defines how many messages in the chat history should be scanned for World Info keys.
If set to 1, then SillyTavern only scans the message you send and the most recent reply.
This stacks up to 10 message pairs in total.
Defines how many tokens could be used by World Info entries at once.
If the budget is exhausted, then no more entries are activated even if the keys are present in the prompt.
Constant entries will be inserted first. Then entries with higher order numbers.
Entries inserted by directly mentioning their keys have higher priority than those that were mentioned in other entries' contents.
Entries can activate other entries by mentioning their keywords in the content text.
For example, if your World Info contains two entries:
Entry #1 Keyword: Bessie Content: Bessie is a cow and is friends with Rufus.
Entry #2 Keyword: Rufus Content: Rufus is a dog.
Both of them will be pulled into the context if the message text mentions just Bessie.
To get pulled into the context, entry keys need to match the case as they are defined in the World Info entry.
This is useful when your keys are common words or parts of common words.
For example, when this setting is active, keys 'rose' and 'Rose' will be treated differently, depending on the inputs.
Match whole words
Entries with keys containing only one word will be matched only if the entire word is present in the search text.
For example, if the setting is enabled and the entry key is "king", then text such as "long live the king" would be matched, but "it's not to my liking" wouldn't.